Forum

the outstanding foundations  

RSS

jinshuiqian0713
 jinshuiqian0713
(@jinshuiqian0713)
Gäst
februari 11, 2019 6:24 f m  

TORONTO -- And then there was one. Mark Walton Jersey . Brazil and Paraguay have qualified for FIFA U-20 World Cup Canada 2014, leaving just one spot remaining in the 16-country womens soccer tournament. The South American squads booked their tickets this week at the CONMEBOL qualifying campaign in Fray Bentos, Uruguay, by taking an unassailable lead in the standings ahead of Fridays final. While Brazil has played in the six previous world U-20 tournaments, this summer will mark Paraguays debut. The last team remaining will come from Oceania, likely New Zealand. The Kiwis have won every OFC U-20 Womens Championship since Australia left for the Asian Football Confederation. The Oceania tournament, featuring New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Tonga and Vanuatu, is set for Feb. 18-22 in Auckland. The U-20 World Cup tournament, seen as a test run for the FIFA Womens World Cup in Canada in 2015, is slated for Aug. 5-24 in Edmonton, Moncton, Montreal and Toronto. Canada, as host, qualifies automatically. Nigeria won the African qualifying tournament, outscoring its opposition 31-0 en route to six straight wins. Ghana also advanced but had to rally to defeat Equatorial Guinea 4-3 in a penalty shootout after the two-legged tie ended at 1-1. The high-powered Americans booked their ticket after dominating the CONCACAF Womens Under-20 Championship in the Cayman Islands. Mexico and Costa Rica also advanced The U.S., which won the world under-20 title in 2002, 2008 and 2012, defeated Mexico 3-0 in the final as the Americans won all five of their matches, outscoring the opposition 29-0. Europe will be represented in Canada by England, Finland, France and two-time world under-20 champion Germany. Qualifying took place last August at the UEFA European Womens U-19 Championship in Wales where France defeated England 2-0 in the final. South Korea, North Korea and China will represent Asia by virtue of the AFC U-19 Womens Championship in October. The FIFA U-20 Womens World Cup is scheduled to open Aug. 5 at BMO Field in Toronto. Twenty-nine matches later, the third-place game and final will take place Aug. 24 at Montreals Olympic Stadium. In 2012, Canada failed to make it to the quarter-finals after going 1-2-0 in round-robin play in Japan. The host Canadian women lost to the U.S. on a golden goal in the final before 47,784 at Edmontons Commonwealth Stadium in the inaugural 2002 competition. Malik Jefferson Jersey . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys . It was just time for him to make a big play. Nicolas Batum had 20 points and 10 rebounds, Wesley Matthews scored 18 points, and the Trail Blazers overcame poor-shooting nights by two of their best players in a 94-90 victory over the New York Knicks on Wednesday.Ian Ayre will step down from his role as Liverpool chief executive officer at the end of his contract in May 2017. Ayre has been part of the Anfield staff since 2007, when he became commercial director, and he became a member of the board in 2009 before being promoted to managing director two years later.He stepped into the chief executive role in 2013 and played a big part in stabilising the club after the takeover by Fenway Sports Group in October 2010. Ayre said in a statement: If becoming chief executive of Liverpool Football Club was the greatest honour of my professional life, then deciding to step down at the end of my current contract is by far the most difficult.Having the privilege to lead this great club comes with huge responsibility and challenge but one which I have relished and I feel proud of my achievements in the role. I believe the end of next season is the right time to pass the CEO baton on to a new person, who will take on the challenges and opportunities with a fresh enthusiasm and vigour.They will do so supported by what I believe to be the best ownership group in world sport and by a truly excellent team of staff throughout the football club. Ayre has been with Liverpool for nearly 10 years Having been brought up in the shadow of Anfield, I have found it the most profound privilege to serve the club I have supported all my life. The driving principle behind every decision I have taken during my time here has been to do the best for the long-term stability and health of this great foootball club. Custom Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys. #160;In the remaining 15 months I have as CEO, I will continue to provide FSG, Jurgen, the players and all the brilliant staff at Liverpool ongoing strategic leadership and a smooth transition.Ayres contribution to the club has been praised in a statement from principal owner John W. Henry, chairman Tom Werner and president Mike Gordon, which read: Ian advised us of his intention to step down as CEO a few months ago. Principal owner John W Henry (left) and chairman Tom Werner (right) tried to get Ayre to stay with the club We asked him on several occasions to take some time to reconsider his decision, but have been unable to convince him to remain as CEO beyond May 2017. We will at some point in the near future begin identifying and recruiting a worthy successor to continue to build on the outstanding foundations which have been laid by Ian.Under his leadership, we have seen Liverpool transform from a club that was on the brink of bankruptcy, to one which today enjoys strong financial and operational health.We have always found Ian to be dedicated, honest, passionate and committed to doing the right thing for the long-term interests of the football club.  These fit with our own values as owners and we owe him greatly for the personal sacrifices he has made for the club. Also See: Liverpool video Liverpool fixtures Liverpool stats Get a free £10 bet

CiteraLöst

Lämna ett svar

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: